We are looking for competent professionals to join our Freight Forwarding team in our Road Freight Division. The focus of the role is to provide an excellent customer service experience, flawless flow of cargo from Point A to Point B, while negotiating also with clients, hauliers, and other parties involved. The ideal candidate will have a customer-oriented approach and high analyzing skills. The goal is to ensure smooth operations across the supply chain while focusing on maximizing quality and efficiency.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Acts as the primary contact for Local Agents, Shippers, Road Carriers and Service Suppliers, providing them with coordinative and collaborative support towards a distinctive service level for our clients.
- Builds pricing strategies in accordance with client needs, market dynamics and shipment characteristics and at the same time certifies that revenue/profit guidelines are met in accordance with budget requirements.
- Receives, analyzes, and executes incoming orders in cooperation with all involved parties, as per client’s requirements, while utilizes logistics ERP & other tools to optimize procedures.
- Negotiates rates and books trailers with partnering Hauliers to ensure the smooth flow of cargo from shipper to consignee. Tracks the shipment in accordance with customer requirements and provides feedback across forwarding stages.
- Builds strong relationships with customers, understands their business needs, and seeks ways to continuously improve cooperation and enhance processes.
- Engages with Road Freight Division Manager and Sales Manager to identify market opportunities and draft go-to-market approaches
- Proven experience in the Freight Forwarding Industry
- Dynamic personality with excellent problem-solving planning & organizational skills
- Sufficient knowledge of Incoterms and shipping terminology
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Computer literacy in standard software applications (MS Office, Orian ERP etc)
- Excellent command of English and Greek language. Spanish or Italian is a plus.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Be a part of a strong and performance driven team in a growing company
- Friendly and challenging working environment
- Welcoming new ideas and forward thinking